Total Pageviews

Monday 17 February 2014

An Appetite for Love (II)

Lately
I have developed
An Appetite for Love.

In Love
I want to eat the dense clouds
Morsel by morsel
And rain heavily on you.

In Love
I want to be
The shortest epic poem
Written only for you.

In Love
I want to count the blinking of your eyes
The movement of your lips
And multiply them with my kisses.

In Love
I want you to taste
Less like blood
More like a bullet.

In Love
I want to
Declare all Kashmiris
Children of Sisyphus.

In Love
I want to be an ethnographer
And scientifically study
Your culture of expressions.

In Love
I want you to shoot me
With your lips
And exonerate life from me.

In love
I want to read Derrida
As the last love poet.

In love
I want to call
All our private conversations
The missing pages of Waris Shah’s Heer.  

In love
I want to collect
All your clipped nails
As a souvenir of my excess longing.

In love
I want to publish all my poems
Through your lips
As one long condolence.

In love
I want to pretend
That you have memorized
All my poems by heart.
Click on the link to read An Appetite for Love (I)

No comments:

Post a Comment