Total Pageviews

Friday 1 May 2015

An Appetite for Love (IV)

Lately
I have developed
An appetite for love

In Love
I want to write
Erotic poems about you
Disguised as passionate spirituality.

In Love
I want to breathe
All my energy into you
As a mark of protest against nature.

In Love
I want to be the lone scholar
Of your body
And write an annotated history of your lips.

In Love
I want to do to you
What a wind does to a chime.

In Love
I want to knead your cheeks
And turn them
Into colorful cotton candies.

In Love
I want all these monotonous
Clocks of the world
To fall passionately in love with Time.

In Love
I want to do to you
What the abrasive surface of a matchbox
Does to a matchstick.

In Love
I want to singe all your memories
To represent my body
As your unfinished souvenir.

In Love
I want to treat you
Like a tumultuous sea treats a ship.

In Love
I want to call all languages
Disparate tricks to keep us all
Away from silences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment